Did you know that there are a number of PUBG launch options that you can set in Steam to improve your game performance? These options are easy to set up and can sometimes improve your frames by up to 20%.
The performance gain that can be achieved by using these options will vary from system to system. It’s very easy to test the options and easy to remove them again, so it’s worth trying them to find out how much performance gain you’ll actually achieve for your own PC.
Best PUBG Launch Options For Steam
From extensive tests within the community, the options we’ve listed below are currently considered to be the best for improving your frame rate and overall performance in Battlegrounds.
Simply follow the steps below, and you’ll have the 4 best options added to your game.
- Go to your Steam game library.
- Right click on PUBG.
- Click ‘properties.’
- Next, click the ‘Set launch options’ button.
- Copy the following into the launch options text field: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4
- If you have less than 8GB of RAM, you may also want to add the following: -lowmemory
What Do These Options Do?
With these options, you’ll be able to increase your performance and make a few changes to how PUBG loads into your system. We’ve provided an overview of what each of these 4 launch options can do below.
- lowmemory can be useful for when you have limited memory.
- sm4 changes dx11 shaders to dx10, which can improve performance for those with older graphics cards.
- -malloc=system is used to make Window handle memory allocation for PUBG better.
- USEALLAVAILABLECORES makes sure that your CPU puts all of its cores to good use.
My Performance Is Still Bad, What Should I Do?
If you are still getting bad performance after trying the PUBG launch options listed above, I’d suggest taking a look at our computer spec test to see if your PC needs an upgrade or not.
Thanks for reading! We hope this guide has proven to be useful.