Are you getting the ‘PUBG failed to initialize Steam’ message when trying to boot up Battlegrounds? If you are, you may want to read through this guide to find out how to fix the problem.
Unfortunately, this problem has been happening for many players. The solution for this problem can often vary, so you’ll need to troubleshoot the issue yourself by trying all of the potential fixes provided below.
Once you’ve tried all of the potential fixes in this guide, hopefully you’ll have the issue fixed and you’ll finally be able to play PUBG again.
How To Solve ‘PUBG Failed To Initialize Steam’
Because this issue can be caused by a number of problems, you’ll need to try the methods listed below step by step until the issue is fixed. Fortunately, most of the steps below are very quick to try out.
One of the most common solutions to this problem is to find the PUBG.exe file and right click it and untick the ‘run as admin’ box. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to ‘This PC.’
- Double click on the disc drive you use to install Steam games onto.
- Click ‘Program Files (x86).’
- Click ‘Steam.’
- Click ‘Steamapps.’
- Click ‘Common.’
- Click ‘PUBG.’
- Click ‘TslGame.’
- Click ‘Binaries.’
- Click ‘Win64’
- Right click the ‘TslGame’ application and click properties.
- On the new page, click the ‘compatibility’ tab.
- Finally, untick the ‘run this program as administrator’ tick box and then click OK.
- This should hopefully solve the issue for you.
If you try the method above and you are still dealing with the same problem, you can try some of the solutions listed below instead.
- Right click the TslGame.exe from the location listed above and click ‘run as administrator.’
- Close down all Steam processes from within the Task Manager and then right click Steam and click ‘run as administrator.’
- Uninstall Steam, restart your PC, and then install Steam again.
Hopefully one of the solutions listed above will help you to solve the issue.
Is your computer still saying that PUBG failed to initialize Steam? If it is, leave a comment below and I’ll try to help you further.